Fans realize something Tecno Soft does not, that robust million-seller franchise, while seemingly healthy, are in actuality as fragile as two bricks tied together with tissue paper. One mistake, one bad mis-step will cause the entire thing to shatter and fall apart; and Thunder Force would be ruined forever.
Fortunately, part of the shmuppers has resolved to remain "ever vigilant" against something that could Ruin Thunder Force Forever, and call out a warning if they see something that could potentially do so.
Some Thunder Force conservationists suggest a more extreme approach, that Thunder Force franchise should abandon all attempts at re-invention and instead cater exclusively to the old-school fans. Though attractive, this approach may prove impractical as a long-term solution.
"Ruined Forever" remains a serious threat to Thunder Force now and in the foreseeable future, though it's possible a proposed initiative requiring all Thunder Force fans to purchase an annual "Vasteel offset" could ensure our fragile brand's existence through the mid-21st century.
Things that have Ruined Thunder Force Forever in the pastEdit
- No release of Thunder Force outside Japan
- Horse-race Force
- Cheap Deaths
- Re-releasing Thunder Force III again and again
- Renaming Thunder Force IV as Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar
- Special Digests
- Rynex is presented as the enemy of the Human Race in Thunder Force V.
- HAL 9000
- Thunder Force V Perfect System is graphically inferior than the original Thunder Force V
- Oh my god! They cancelled Thunder Force VI on the Dreamcast! You Bastards!
- Tecno Soft goes Kaput
- Working Designs also goes Kaput
- Factory Noise & AG
- A rushed and poorly made Doujin game
- Tangut language
- Mongolian script
- Unused Soundtrack
- Calling Hyper Duel soundtrack "PROJECT THUNDER FORCE VI"
- Motoaki Furukawa's Unused Tracks
- 01, 02, 00 or "Erratic RVR numeration"
- Over Weapon changing into a "bomb format"
- Forced slowdown during Over Weapon
- The ORN Empire's unexplained knowledge about the RVR-01
- Syrinx new colors, by request of SEGA
- After Burner-esque and Sonic Adventure-like tunes
- RayStorm-ing Thunder Force
- Gradius Force II: Gofer's Vasteel
- Raiden Force
- ORN Emperor
- The contradictions with Rynex's wreck
- Discarded RVR
- Discarded Styx variant
- Cenes return as C=CTNs=C in Thunder Force VI invalidates her death in TFV!
- Thunder Future's turtle-paced development
In other words, pretty much everything...
Things that have countered thoseEdit
- Tsukumo Hyakutaro and his excellent music
- Thunder Force V Perfect System has faster loading times, easter eggs, better sound and more unlockable features that the Saturn version lacks.
- Broken Thunder's CG Cutscenes surpases doujin game standards
- The Over Weapon can be powered up three times, slowdown is a price to pay for power.
- Styx Rev.2's concept probably evolved as Rynex-R.
- Rynex is revived and redeems itself in Thunder Force VI.
- Syrinx was rescued from being discarded and forgotten.
- Syrinx looks like a Fire LEO with the new colors.
- Team-up of veteran shoot-em' up composers on Thunder Force VI's soundtrack.
- Tamayo Kawamoto brought us not just an alternative, relaxed soundtrack for Thunder Force, but also a good series of spiritual successors of RayForce and RayStorm themes.
- Kaneko Tsuyoshi had some good knowledge of the classic fast pounding, non-stop, adrenaline-rushing style of the classic SEGA games music. The Sonic Adventure 2 like Take Off manages to pull an After Burner Climax beat in the RVR action.
- Go Sato managed to keep the Thunder Force style of music, and put that in practice in Raiden IV, giving a whole new different beat from the electronic paces of Raiden III.
- Garow can be busy with his everyday life, but Thunder Future is still alive and well.
- Thunder Force is often considered one of most well reconized series in Shoot' Em Up genre, alongside Gradius, Galaga, and Space Invaders.
Things that with no doubt will Ruin Thunder Force Forever in the futureEdit