For the Syrinx from the Cancelled Dreamcast Thunder Force VI, see: Fire LEO-05P "Syrinx".
The Syrinx is one of the three playable ships of the game Thunder Force VI. It is considered as a fighter with an unknown power due to the combination of technologies involved on its creation.
C=CTNs=C is the pilot of this ship.
The Syrinx design was retaken from the proposed design from the cancelled Dreamcast game Thunder Force VI. It has a fuselage very similar to the RVR-01 "Gauntlet", with a large Photon Rifle and two smaller Craw Control Units like the RVR-02 "Vambrace". Unlike the RVR's, Syrinx features "Variable Geometry" on its wings, which can be deployed (Attack Mode) and folded (Speed Mode) according to how fast is going, during the game, the Speed Mode is the default mode and only changes to its Attack Mode when the player uses an Over Weapon.
Its colors were also changed. Unlike the "Initial" RVR-like colors, the Syrinx bears a more Fire LEO accurate red and white colorscheme on its wings and main Craw Control Unit and a blue cockpit. To match the cockpit, the small Craw Control Units are painted blue.
Origin and Current StatusEditAt the end of its battle with ORN Faust and Vasteel Nocht, the RVR-00 "Phoenix" gets in contact with the ORN Faust core, suffering a major transformation where Earth-made Refined Vasteel Technology, ORN Empire technology, ORN Faust's power and the stolen and assimilated programming of the Styx, Rynex and Gauntlet merge into one "supertechnology", resulting in the creation of a hybrid starfighter.
Although it also absorbed ORN Faust's influence during its transformation, the ship is unaffected due to the Guardian's Heart installed on the RVR-00 and the Galaxy Federation's databanks which worked as countermeasures, giving the human pilot the full control of the ship. Being such an extensive hybrid, the Syrinx is the most powerful ship available in the game.
Due to it's origins as the RVR-00, the Syrinx is equipped with the same weapons of the Phoenix, with changes in some of its weapons.
- Twin Shot / Sword: While the normal shot remains the same as it was on its former Phoenix form, the Syrinx version of the Twin Shot is more powerful, while the "Sword" Over Weapon was changed from a energy beam into a super-heated Flamethrower.
- Back Shot / Chain: The normal shot and its Over Weapon form remains the same as it was on the RVR-00.
- Wave / Spell: The Wave shot was changed from its Thunder Force III-like shots into a large red beam of energy that passes though all objects and damages all enemies in its line of fire like it was on Thunder Force V. It's "Spell" Over Weapon turns a much more larger and powerful stream than normal, while in Thunder Force V, the Wave was a weak weapon, in Thunder Force VI it becames one of the strongest weapons on the Syrinx arsenal.
- Free Range / Whip: Both normal and Over Weapon forms of the Free Range remains the same.
- Hunter / Needle: The normal shot of the Hunter was changed, the ship fires glowing balls of purple light in three different directions that home in on enemies that appear on-screen. It is not very powerful, but it is effective at hitting targets. It's "Needle" Over Weapon remains the same.
- To unlock the Syrinx, the player has to complete the game in Normal using the Rynex-R.
- The new colors of Syrinx were changed at SEGA's request.